Wednesday, March 01, 2006

By Faith Noah...

Please let me just share something I learned this past week. I am in a bible study on Tuesday nights with six amazing ladies. We are currently doing the study "Believing God" by Beth Moore (who I love). Anyway this past week we were studing I can do all things through Christ. The week was centered around Hebrews 11 (The Hall of Faith). One day we talked about Noah. I have studied and learned about Noah and the Ark my entire life (literally), but this week I learned something I had never been taught before and I just need to share it. Do you realize that EVERYONE on the earth was destroyed for their wickedness except Noah and his immediate family. Do you know what that means...that means that no one else on the entire earth believed in the God Noah believed in. The amazing part - Noah still stood strong in his belief and when God told him to build this ark he did it. Noah didn't have a bible study group or a sunday school class or a church of many fellow believers to talk this out with or to get their insight. He just had his immediate family (which let's be honest probably at times even they thought Noah was crazy for the whole ark thing). Does that amaze anyone else but me???? How thankful his family must have been when they were walking on that ark and when that rain (that they had never seen before) started to fall. By faith Noah believed!!! That makes the times when I may be ashamed or embarrased to share my beliefs or stand up for a God who has blessed me far more than I deserve disappointing. I have a army of believers around me and I still let those few hold me back. Noah didn't have an army - just God and that was enough for him to build an ark.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey girl!!! I am anxiously awaiting your next post!!! I have thought about doing this myself,but realize that I have nothing exciting to offer!! Love ya,Ash