Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Here's to Forever Friends

So, I spent some time with my best and favorite friend Ashley on Saturday. Everytime we get together, I leave thinking about the good times we have had together and just being thankful for the type of friendship that can last for 12 years and you know will last for many more years. We don't have to talk everyday (sometimes not even every week or month), but I know if I need her she is there and the next time we talk it will be like we never skipped a beat. I love thinking back to times we have shared. Like at the end of my Sophomore year when the buzz through the hall was about the "new girl" coming from Overton for our Junior year. Or the time when we almost died during a tornado because we didn't know what a culvert was. Or the many times we talked our moms into letting us spend the night on a "school night" all in the name of studying and then somehow we forgot about the study part. Or before our senior prom when I got the worst hair-do ever and I called Ashley to come to my house right then to look at it. I don't know what she was going to do, but I needed her and she came. Or the day I got a letter from Western Kentucky (where we were determined to go to college) saying I didn't get in. I thought the world as I knew it was over, but in true Ashley fashion she said "Rachel don't worry about it - we will so something else".
So, here is to forever friendship and being so thankful for you Ashley. I love you!!!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Rach!!!!----I am so touched! (and you know that doesn't happen often!) You left out some of my favorite memories---like the "fudge round" and me wrecking your car before I ever got my license!!!Also, I am so impressed that there was actually a "buzz" about me before I came!!!
I feel the same way about you--every time we are together it feels like it has been no time since the last time we were together!!We still need to get together more often though!
We so get each other!!! I love you,girl,forever!!!!!!!
Rachel and Ashley BFF--- Sorry, I couldn't resist!