Saturday, September 08, 2007

Busy Times and Deeper Still

Hey Everybody. Things have been a little hectic around here lately. I just got back from a week long seminar for my department at Fall Creek Falls State Park. It was a ton of fun, but I am tired. Several months ago, I got a ticket for Deeper Still (a women's conference being held at the Sommet Center) and it was this weekend. Not the best weekend for me since I have been gone all week and am tired. However, I had big plans back when I got the ticket. As the time drew near, I kept going back and forth on whether I was going to go or not. AND - I wasn't going with anyone since none of my friends were able to get tickets. As of yesterday afternoon I still hadn't made up my mind whether I was going or not. Well, as the time drew near, I just couldn't miss the opportunity to hear Beth Moore in Nashville. So, after I made a stop by work to drop some supplies off, I headed downtown to the Sommet Center. Friends...it was AWESOME and I am beyond glad I went. It was last night and then pretty much all day today. I just sat in the Sommet Center with 33,000 other women and a couple of men and had a blast. The worship was incredible and the teaching was just as great. Priscilla Shirer and Kay Arthur were there too. It was Fabulous! I am so glad I went. So rest will come tomorrow and then it will be back to work on Monday. Nothing like getting some spiritual renewal with thousands of other women. I can't even imagine what heaven is going to be like.

2 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Hi~
I just read your comment on the LPM and I wanted to stop by to see if you would share what you learned! I am SO happy you had a great time!

Much love from a Siesta in Michigan!
Angie xoxo

BethAnne said...

Hey, I saw your comment on LPM and saw you are from TN. ME too! Norhteast TN, but we are in Nashville for at least a week out of every year. My husband works for the great state of TN. Glad you were blessed at Deeper Still. Just wanted to say hey.