Sunday, February 25, 2007

Church

Please allow me to share some things that have been on my heart lately. In our Sunday School Class we have been talking about the importance of Church and if we have to attend church in order to be in obedience. I have had so many thoughts about this, but for whatever reason have not be able to share them in my class. (For those that know me...this is not typical me). However, I need to get it out.
I don't know all the correct answers, but I know how I feel about church and for me that is what I have to go with. Church may not be for everyone and I can appreciate that. If it is not then I feel like you have to find a place and a group of people to truly worship with, pray with and hold each other accountable. With that being said, I do feel like church is the place for me and I have been so convicted lately that I am not giving all of myself in those times nor I am allowing God to bless me when I am there. I think David and I go a amazing church and there has never been a Sunday when I didn't feel like I had been to church and I didn't leave with a feeling of action. However, I also feel like if I truly understood what God had done for me and how much he loves and protects me and my family, I would give so much more of myself in worship. Why do we hold ourselves back? Why don't I allow myself to go at place with God of true worship and thanksgiving? We can all look back and not only see how God has worked in the lives of those we know, but how he has worked in our lives. I feel like church is a time for believers to get a chance to be charged up. We live in a world full of sin. We work in it, drive in it, shop in it, watch it and church should be the one place we can let our guard down and worship. I'll be honest, for a long time in my life church was a social outlet for me. All my friends were there and we had a good time together. Now, it is so much more than that. I need that two hours to be in the word and worship. Now that we have Hannah, I feel it is even more important. When she comes home like she did Sunday to tell us she learned not to be afraid because Jesus would take care of us - that is what it is about. Her learning this at a early age. I wish she didn't ever have to face the real world, but we do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think those two hours a week is all God requires and I think we get sucked into that too. We can go every Sunday and never pick up the Bible any other time - that's not what it is about either.
I don't know what I am trying to say other than I think we don't allow ourselves to go to a place of true worship because we are afraid of what others will think or we have not been raised that way. I just don't want to be like that anymore. That's all.
Thanks for allowing me this time to get it out. Blessings.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

You are right on...I don't think many of us know how (or do) truly worship...I'm praying that God will teach you how to do this in the weeks/months ahead.